Thursday, March 15, 2007

local liberal candidate now ineligible

Liberal Race Down to Two
107.5 KissFM / Vernon March 15

The race to represent the Liberals in the next federal election has lost one of its candidates.

Scott Blurton has been ruled ineligible after not submitting his nomination papers on time.

The Enderby resident who is currently attending the University of Ottawa, has mixed feelings aboutleaving the race.

'Its a little disappointing because I really wanted to stand for Mr.Dion and represent my constiuents and my home. But its been a good experience I've had the opportunity to meet lots of people and I've learned alot of lessons, I suppose, for next time such as don't trust Canada Post.'

Blurton says he sent his nomination papers using Priority Post but says they got lost in the system.

Vernon city councillor Buffy Baumbrogh and Celista farmer Jake Ootes will vye for the nomination Saturday in Vernon and Salmon Arm.

250 party members are eligible to vote.(Pete McIntyre)

0 comments: